Thursday 26 February 2009

Bumblee and Goldcrest

The frogs are still active in the pond. There was a lot of bird activity in the tree three gardens up the road early this morning. It appears to be a meeting place for birds travelling in the area, including birds that pass through our garden. In just a few minutes I noticed a goldfinch, greenfinches, a great tit and a blue tit as well as a small flock of startlings.


Later in the morning I noticed a goldcrest in the tree that overhangs our back garden. This is the first time I have seen this tiny song bird in our garden (but I did get a close encounter in the local park - see earlier entry).


When the sun came out I watched a queen bumble bee investigating the holes between the bricks in a low brick wall. Probably looking for a nest site.

No comments: