Sunday 4 June 2023

Its been a long time since my last post, instead have been sharing through my other social media. 

I thought it was time I returned to my blog, much of which is a documentation of the ecology in my garden and surrounding area, which I started in 2007. The blog was originally set up to encourage people and schools to explore there own local patch using my small urban garden as an inspiration. Following covid, many more people have discovered the delight of wildlife watching in their garden and so this seems the perfect time to pick up where I left off. 

Three years ago during I covid I had more time than ever to grow stuff in the green house. Especially a variety of plants for insect pollinators, as we have 9 long window boxes on the front of our bungalow. collected the seeds and replanted them and had an even better spread the second year. 

The seeds I collected from these plants last year that grown well in the greenhouse and replanted into the window boxes. 

They have recently burst into flower and being enjoyed by a wide range of pollinators and also foraging sparrows and blue tits. 




Different plants will come into flower over the next few months providing colour and food for wildlife.


No comments: