Friday 28 July 2023

Old Brickfield Bug Hunt

Not my garden this time, but still urban, a small field near Seaford. This is the Old Brickfield Great to be back at the Friends of Old Brickfield annual event as Steve the bug man near Seaford.




I'm in the white and green tent.

I brought my usual set up of a laptop and microscope cam to display the live bugs collected by the children on a TV screen.



The children were given pots and nets to collect an invertebrate to bring back to the microscope.



Many fascinating invertebrates collected and displayed and added to the annual list.







My personal favourites include burnet moth caterpillar,




cinnabar moth caterpillar,

candy-stripe spider,


ground beetle larva


and dock bug.



Fascinating wildlife and many questions from children and adults.

No comments: