Tuesday 4 March 2008

Woodecker, great tits and flying squirrel.

Walking past Easthill Park this morning I heard the familiar drumming of the great spotted woodpecker and a flash of black and white as it flew past.

The park was alive with the usual tits, finches etc. The chaffinches were particulalrly visible today

On the wayback I noticed movement at the far end of the paddocks in the adjacent horse sanctuary. I walked along by the park wall, adjacent to the paddocks for a closer look. It was a fox. Above me I could see a noisy pair of great tits in the branches. As I came out of the park I watched a squirrel making its way along a branch which extended out over the road. At the last moment the squirrel made a leap, rotating its tail in mid air, paws outstretched and landed on an evergreen on the oteher side. Well thats one way to cross the road.

No comments: