Wednesday 25 July 2012

Goldfinches

We are luck to have a lot of goldfinch activity around my garden. One or more pairs always best nearby each year as I witness a lot of territorial behaviour and also observe juvenile goldfinches.

Yesterday I was out in the back garden and was attracted to look up at the houses behind due to a commotion.
Up on the roof were several baby goldfinches calling to the adults.
The juveniles have the coloured cars in their wings but no colourful facial markings.

Today I managed to photgraph a goldfinch on the bird bath in the front garden.

Goldfinches visit the bird bath quite frequently but they are easily disturbed so I was pleased to get these pictures. The pictures were taken through the net curtains which is wht they are a bit foggy looking.

No comments: