Tuesday 25 May 2010

Watching me watching you.

9.30pm and I went out to watch for the bats and fox. Sure enough, the bats were on the wing, again flying a couple of feet above my head as they turned round to fly back up the alley.
Suddenly a dark shape came out of the gloom. It was the fox. As the fox came to the end of the alley it looked out to the road.
It was almost parallel with me now when it noticed me standing behind the wall. It stared at me for about a minute and then sat down and we watched each other across the track.

We watched each other for several minutes before the fox got up and walked back up the track a short way and then sat down on a clump of grass in the middle of the track.
It seemed to think I could not see it. After a couple of minutes the fox crossed to the nearside of the track, past the garages and the other side of the wall where I stood back a short way.
I resisted the temptation to lean over the wall until it had gone past and I photographed it as it past our car.

No comments: